Campbell's Soup

Monday, July 24, 2006

6 Billion to 1 - Dave Gorman Style

Any of you who listen to Triple M's SheBang will understand the title of this one. The idea is that people ring in with tales of events or occurences in their lives that had a 6 Billion to 1 chance of ever happening.

Well, I love the SheBang, but I'm far too cheap and lazy to call in with this one.

Many of you will be familiar with Mr Shannon Courtney.

(Yes, that's the best photo I have)
If you were thinking Shannon was a girl's name, don't worry, you're not the first one. In fact, you'd be excused from thinking that Courtney was one too.

Shannon has several email addresses. He likes to make things difficult. Two years ago in fact, I (and it would seem Tiddy too) became confused and wrote emails to what we thought was Shannon's address. I was quite happy in that notion until I received a reply from someone else. A complete stranger....named Shannon Courtney. Although far from being male and South African, this one was female and Canadian.

You can imagine my surprise.

I forwarded on this information to Shannon (male), because it seemed like something he too would find amusing. (Plus it's always fun to tease him about his androgynous name.)

Over the past years, Shannon (male) and Shannon (female) have kept up a relatively constant email/MSN friendship...and believe it or not, Shannon (female) is now here in Sydney! This proved all too much for many members of CCSI tonight, which proves once and for all, that when it comes to Shannon Courtney, one is enough!

So that's my 6 Billion to 1 story. I challenge you all to go one up!

3 Comments:

At 4:54 pm, Blogger Mr Tiedt said...

I didn't do it by mistake... I did it on purpose, cause I came accross her blog (http://allshanadian.blogspot.com/) and thought it was too funny an opportunity to pass up :-D

Shannon (girl) rocks.

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Jim said...

I wish I had one. I love that segment but have not listened to it in over a year though.

I like that story. They should so get married. Hillarious.

We should do research to see if there is another Andy (Andie) Bell who is of the female variety. I bet there is :)

Jim

 
At 6:08 pm, Blogger Katie said...

they should get married and pop out planty of kids and call them all shannon - this has already been mentioned to female shannon, and there was awkward laughter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home