Campbell's Soup

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hello, I'm back!

It's officially been a over a week since my last blog...I'm now in Knebworth (Robbie Williams fans should know where that is).
For those of you who aren't Robbie Wiiliams fans, it's about 30mins train ride out of London, and about the same from Cambridge. I'm staying with my godparents, using there place as a base from which I can visit everyone else!

So, since last time....hmm, not a lot happened. Well, plenty happened, but compared to the pace we were going in NYC it's been pretty slow!

OK, so last Wednesday we drove up to Glasgow, stopping to have lunch with my Dad's older brother on the way. We spent the next day wandering around Glasgow, not doing a lot...dropped in to see my Gran and her twin sister that evening to say Happy Birthday! Friday we went on a bit of a road trip, we drove over to see our old house and village (not much has changed in 15 years!), then we drove over to the other side of Glasgow to visit Aberfoyle, which is where my Dad lived when he was a teenager. We passed by Stirling on the way and saw the castle and the Wallace Monument....was a good day, if not very nostalgic!

Saturday was the party.....crazy times. So weird to see cousins that I haven't seen in up to 7 years! It was a great night though, amazing to see two 80 year olds party through till midnight (they seriously didn't stop once....we practically had to hold them down for photos!)

Sunday was time to see some of Dad's side, so we had a big roast lunch with some of his cousins and second cousins in Ardrossan, which is a little coastal town on the West of Scotland.

Monday - another 6.5 hour drive back to London, and then Kate and I went out for dinner with one of our friends while Mum and Dad went out with her dad and stepmum. It was seriously the biggest meal I've had this whole trip! We found this awesome little Turkish restaurant behind Selfridges and stuffed ourselves with lamb, bread and all the trimmings for like 90 minutes - then we got a cab to Leicester Square and proceeded to have massive crepes at the Haagen Daaz bar! Needless to say we had to unbutton our jeans when we got home!

Last night Mum, Dad and Kate flew home, so I decided to go to the movies rather than sit in the hotel all night (I know, sad isn't it?). I walked over to Piccadilly, found a cinema (not that it's hard) and decided that I'd give 'Marie Antoinette' a go. To start off with, the ticket cost £12.50. Yes that's right, that's about $32! Then, I thought I'd go buy some popcorn and a drink. These I thought were in comparison quite well priced, £6.30 for both. However, when said items were handed to me, I realised that they were probably better value than I'd though. The popcorn was average sized, only slightly bigger than a regular at Greater Union. But the drink was huge. There was easily 1.25, possibly even 1.5L of Coke in there. The cup was almost the same size as the popcorn!

For the record, I don't recommend the movie much....I don't know why I keep telling myself that I like Sofia Coppola's films! It dragged on a bit, but the overall idea wasn't bad.....and Jason Schwarzman was good. (Plus, any film featuring Steve Coogan is worth a look!)

Anyway, it's now Thursday (very early morning/late night!) and I have a million people still to see!
Oh and I know there aren't a lot of photos in this post, but I have added them all in my Flickr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home